Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 8-10 SoCal

We left Las Vegas on Saturday...so pretty much I spent my birthday driving.  Whatevs.  I got to see the sunset on the beach.  We stayed in Long Beach for the night.  We ate some Japanese...Hibachi was in the name of the restaurant, but it was very misleading seeing that it was mostly sushi and no hibachi.  Still good tho and it was Mom's first time eating Japanese.  Winning.


Sunday we went to the La Brea Tar Pits.  Gotta say...I was slightly disappointed.  I thought there was more to it.  I didn't expect it to smell, but with TAR in the name I should have.  After that, we walked to Hollywood Blvd which (round trip) equaled about 9 miles.  BAD idea if you're wearing Toms with no socks.  My poor "ring" toe, on each foot.  It was a nice little walk, and more importantly very needed walk.  We stayed in Burbank at cheaper than the night before and it was (much) nicer.  Should've stayed there the first night!  We ate at this pizza place that offered a 54x54 inch pizza!  It was like $200!  I couldn't even imagine what that would look like.  They also boasted having the world's largest pizza at 36 inches.  Friendly service...I got free gelato and a wink.


Help me!! 

LA Ink...not a fan of the show, but Kimberly is...so this is for her.
To say I'm a Marilyn Monroe fan is an understatement.
We should've stuck around to watch this... 
Does this look familiar?  :)
Mom loves Bruce.
Gangsta.
Monday (today) we went to Griffith Park.  Turns out they are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays now.  After that, we went to Venice Beach.





No meatheads...just bums  :(
After that we headed to Oxnard on the Pacific Coast Highway to have dinner with my cousin, Courtney, making a few stops along the way.  We ate at BJ's...very good food.  Catching up was nice.  I don't have many cousins my age, so when we met for the first time 7 years ago (wow, really?!) and we had things in common...it was awesome!

Someone took the time to stack these rocks...and I loved it.

Band picture...
It has been a long time since I've done a cartwheel.
I may have pulled something...no, I think I'm okay  :)
Finally, together again...with a picture to commit to memory  :D

San Francisco...see ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment