Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 15-18 Oregon & Seattle

Sunday, we got up and drove to Portland, OR.  Made a couple of stops along the way.

At Seal Rock...yeah, not paying that much and not being guaranteed that I'll even see some.
Mom took a lot of pictures of tunnels and bridges.
My favorite stop of the day was the Oregon Coast Aquarium!  Seahorses, jellies, otters, oh my!  :)






I wasn't aware Salem is the capital of OR.  Um...oops?  And to make myself look a little more silly...I thought this was where the witch trials were held.  Of course, I remembered that was actually in MA.  Lapse of memory.  It happens to the best of us.....right?


We bought some passes to ride the metro around Portland, but ended up going to the Lloyd Mall...which was closed.  So we walked around a bit before heading back to the hotel.  Later we ventured out to a Best Buy and I bought a TomTom since OR has TAX FREE shopping.  We went to a Starbucks so I could get it all updated and then went to eat at Fire On the Mountain.  We ate fried food all day.  My body is hating me for it.

Monday I planned on us exploring Portland, but it was rainy and we decided to just go on to Seattle.  We found a cheap place to stay...but didn't realize we were in the hood till it was too late.

We spent the night doing laundry.
Tuesday we spent a little time in downtown Seattle.  We went up the Space Needle, strolled around Pike Place, and went thru the EMP.



The first Starbucks.

H.A.M.

Michael Jackson's glove and jacket.

I wish I could captured how cool this was.

I don't know much about Jimi Hendrix, so this is really for Michelle.  :)






The Nirvana exhibit made me tear up a little.  Crazy how they made such an impact on the music scene.

How corny is this?
Mom left today.  It was sad to see her go...now I've got to put on my big girl pants and start interacting with people.  So starting tomorrow, I'm getting out of this sketchy hotel and going to a hostel downtown.  Hoping to meet new people and hang out with a friend if he makes it here.

Putting on my Brave face......

2 comments:

  1. ahhhhhh been waiting for Seattle! THANX for the private "jimi threads" shot! Just a few minutes after you sent it, The Hendrix Bio breezed into my living room! SHAAAWEEEET! It was really good to see *my* space needle again too, YO. ;o) ~m

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS and OMG Pearl Jam, but of course, of COURSE!! heh ~m

    ReplyDelete