Thursday, September 1, 2011

First leg of my adventure....

Well, guys, I’m out of my place and currently in Jacksonville, FL.  Friday was my last day in Little Rock.  I loaded my car with everything I hadn’t already taken to Monticello when I found I had forgotten to take this art stuff to Nathan and give Chris his movies back.  I ran to Cheeburger to drop off the art thing to Nathan.  I hope he can find use in it!  Said bye to my Cheeople for the second time that day.  Then I took Chris his DVDs at The Rave and ended up staying and watching “Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark” and “Our Idiot Brother” (really good!)  I was really sad on my 1.5 hour drive to Monticello…other than the 20 minute phone call from Leslie, I cried the whole drive. 

Saturday, I went to a church in the sticks of New Edinburg to watch my friend, Jessica, get married.  It was a nice small wedding.  I can tell she’s very happy and that makes me happy.  She looked really pretty and her new husband was handsome as well.  After the wedding and reception, I went out to Nana’s and napped.  I was so tired.  Then I went with Kimberly out to her friend’s birthday get-together.  I was in heaven…I LOVE party food.  Chips, dip, those little weenies, and CAKE!!  So not only did I have wedding cake, I also had birthday cake.  Fatty.
Aww <3
Me and Jessica.

Sunday, Siobhan, Robert, and little Persephone picked me up at 8 am and off we drove to Jacksonville, FL.  We made a little detour to New Orleans, LA, for about an hour and finally made it to Jax around 2 am.
Pretty much the only picture taken in NOLA...
My godbaby and me.

Monday, Robert went to work and the three of us stayed home and relaxed.  Siobhan’s family came over and I was glad to see them.  They’re like my family too.

Tuesday, I spent some time working on Mom and my west coast trip while Siobhan and Robert went to work.  We went to eat at Istanbul and I had some Turkish Pizza…wasn’t the same as it was in England, but it was still good.

Today, Robert was gracious enough to leave me the car to use.  So thankful for that.  I went to Neptune Beach and stayed for a little over an hour.  I would’ve stayed longer, but I could feel my legs starting to feel like they were burning.  Even with sunscreen!  It was a very lovely out today.  I’d say the temperature was in the mid to upper 80s, cloudy with a 10-30% chance of rain, the water was warm, and playing my Explosion In the Sky Pandora station made it perfect.  I hope to go a little earlier tomorrow.

Ocean Breeze...

Lovely day out...




Pretty much every day I went to the beach and at night Siobhan, Robert, and I would chill at the house and watched movies.  One night we went to Siobhan's mom's house for dinner.  It's always nice to see them.  Friday night Siobhan, Robert, Elyse, Stephen, and I went to The Pearl.  $15 to get in with "free" well-drinks all night.  Pretty good deal if you considering.  We had a good night.  Saturday I finally had a beach buddy...Elyse and I spent about 2 hours there.  Every day was beautiful and practically perfect at the beach.  I left Sunday around noon.  I always enjoy my time there  :)

Girls just wanna have fun!  :)

Florida, I'll see you April 2012!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome fun and awesome PHOTOS!! I LOVE the "O P KING" sign....LOVE that bit o artwork! Good call, that! Ciao! xo ~mChelle

    ReplyDelete