Saturday, September 5, 2015

New Zealand: week 12- August 28-September 3/announcement

(Stick around until the end...)

Friday, August 28
The signs of spring are starting to show up…one of those signs blooming now is my favorite flower, the daffodil. Today I ventured back to Cornwall Park to see their daffodils and also LAMBS! Such cute little babies everywhere. I made two chocolate challahs (challot), but put one in the freezer so my family can have it when I leave :)





















Saturday, August 29
I had work and then rushed to get home and ready because tonight we went out to dinner for Misha's birthday. Almost the whole family was there. We ate at this Chinese restaurant and it was really neat. We sat at this big round table and there was a lazy susan in the middle of the table where they put the food and we'd spin the lazy susan to pass the food around. It was super tasty and a neat experience. It was a nice night out with the family. Afterwards, we came home and had some cake. Because what is a birthday without cake?


Sunday, August 30
I was a bit lazy, but to be fair, it rained like crazy all day. So I mostly watched some "Pretty Little Liars" and then had to go to work in the evening.


Monday, August 31
Another super rainy day. Pouring rain. Basically, I repeated the day before minus going to work.


Tuesday, September 1
RABBIT, RABBIT! I'd first like to say that today marks the one year anniversary since my trip to Israel for my Masa program, which actually started on Sept 8, 2014, but this was the day I left. I can't believe it's been a whole year. And what an exciting, crazy year it's been. Easy night at work.


Wednesday, September 2
Work was slowish. I think my co-workers are actually sad I'm leaving. Must be all that joy I bring with me when I walk through those doors and start acting like a clown. I woke up today kind of stuffy…I'm hoping it's just allergies, but wouldn't that just be Murphy's Law if I got sick just before I started traveling. No, no…I'm sure it'll be fine ;)


Thursday, September 3
After deciding I've had enough of my back hurting, I went to the chiropractor on my way home from work. Hopefully that will help before I get out there and start my traveling. I woke up still feeling a bit under the weather…I'm thinking it might not be allergies. So what does a nice Jewish girl do when she starts to feel sick? Make matzo ball soup, of course. I didn't have matzo meal, so I improvised with crackers. I guess I didn't let them cook long enough because they were super dense, but we were ready to eat so I just took a chance. Still okay, but I like them fluffier. Well, yall, it's official. I bought my plane ticket back to the U.S. for September 30. I know it's way sooner than anyone, including myself, expected, but…I have to do what I feel is right for me. It's a bit scary not knowing what the turn out will be, but I'm not worried because everything is going to work out the way it should.


Next week starts my tour of New Zealand…get ready for some amazing photos! :)







Big announcement: As you may have noticed from recent posts, I've been really missing Israel. I thought putting some distance between Israel and me would help, but I guess the distance has made my heart grow fonder and has given me some clarity of my next step in life. I have decided that I want to make Aliyah...meaning to move there and become a citizen. I know this is a big decision, but I've always known it was something I would eventually do. So, as I mentioned earlier, I have bought my ticket back to the U.S. where I will go to the Jewish Agency for an interview and hopefully get my visa so that by the end of October/beginning of November, I will be back in Tel Aviv. My two main focuses upon my arrival is: home and job, everything else will fall into place. I'm excited to go back and start my life and also get to see my friends who have also made Aliyah. It's probably a bigger deal than I realize, but it's where my heart is and I have to follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment