Sunday, October 9, 2011

September reflection....

Before I create a post about Boise, I thought I'd reflect back on the past month and include anything I may have forgotten in previous posts.  This will mostly be like a list...

-The first thing I'd like to say...I actually saw someone with a douche bag Jersey hair style.

Seriously?!  I can't believe people really have that hair style.  Speaking of hair styles...How about this one?
Even if this has become wildly popular,  I wouldn't do it...until I saw this picture.  She pulls it off well.
Don't get me wrong, it's cute (on some people), but it's everywhere now.  I guess nobody remembers when Rosie O'Donnell did something similar and everybody thought it was completely stupid.  I guess they think they're different, but it's hard to be different when a million other people are doing the same thing.

Ooh, sorry.  That was not supposed to be a rant.

-When we were at the Grand Canyon, this woman was pulled over and walking back from the other side of the road taking pictures and that's where we saw this HUGE elk!  I wish we had stopped to take a picture because I haven't seen another one since.

-There are SO MANY hitchhikers on HWY 101 in California and Oregon.  It's illegal to do it in Washington.  There were also a crazy amount of people biking.  Not sure how far they were actually going, but I'm willing to bet they were going up (or down) the coast.  I'd be pooped after a mile.
There's no way.
-Many will find this amusing...I have people telling me they don't hear my accent.  WHAT?!  Of course, after having a conversation with me, they tell me they can hear it.  Maybe I'm only country when I'm in Arkansas?

-Mom has this ridiculous laugh that would make me laugh so hard that I'd nearly pee my pants.
The video she took was better.

-While staying in Boise, I was pretty much the only female at the hostel.

-Rain has followed me to the Grand Canyon, the town just outside of Las Vegas, and then the obvious places (Portland, Seattle), Boise, and most of the way to Utah.

-Seattle parking is outrageous!!  I paid $18/night and that's with a discount!  Jeez.

-On my last day in Seattle, I went to Seattle's Best Coffee and finished "The Alchemist" that Jennifer got for me.  It was such a sweet read.  Very appropriate read for situation.

-I liked Boise a lot more over Seattle as far as city goes.  It's smaller, less traffic, I felt safer, and homeless people weren't lining the sidewalks at night (or during the day).  I liked the hostel in Seattle way more tho.

Well, that's all I've got for now.  Now for BOISE!

1 comment:

  1. Im so glad you enjoyed the book! I think it was divine intervention that I happened to read that book before you left on this journey.. it was definitely appropriate.

    ReplyDelete