Thursday, October 13, 2011

10/10-10/11 Page, AZ, Antelope Canyon.

Monday evening I made my 4.5-5 hour drive to Page, AZ.  I called a couple of hotels to make sure they had rooms, and a couple did and told me it wasn't necessary for me to make a reservation, so...I didn't.  I finally got to Page and started to check in when the desk clerk said they were sold out.  Panic almost set in. I could've slept in my car, but I really wanted a shower.  I had dirt on my face from Arches.  The desk clerk could see my panic after telling her what happened when I called earlier.  She found me a room and relief swept over me.  I picked up a pamphlet for Antelope Canyon Tours and set my alarm to call early in the morning to get a spot for their hour and a half tour.  Again I have to thank Amanda (Dangerous Business) (link goes to her trip of Antelope Canyon) for the inspiration to visit this beautiful place.  Pictures can't do this marvelous place justice.

This place will make you wish you had a good camera instead of just a point and shoot.







See the heart?
My iPhone took a better picture.







I'm Lady Liberty :)
Our fabulous transportation
Our tour guide, Patrick, was fabulous.  He pointed out different things about the canyon...very informative.  He also took pictures for us.  I'd give him credit for the ones he took, but I can't remember which ones they were.  Besides the obvious one of me.  The tour was $32, which was pricey for me, but worth it.  I recommend if you have big boobs, strap them puppies down.  The road to the canyon is very bumpy.  Also, it is only accessible through tours I believe.  I know you can't take you're own transportation...I hardly know how those trucks do it!  The tour was at 9:30 and we were back at the pick up/drop off point just after 12 and started my travels towards Las Vegas

At some visitor's center.
I drove through Zion National Park which was okay.  I didn't want to pay the $25 the drive through, but after talking to the Park Ranger, she told me if I had all my receipts from the other National Parks I could get credit and only owe what ever balance (which ended up being $39) towards an $80 National Park pass!  I was so ridiculously excited!  I can go back to the Grand Canyon, Arches, etc for a year without paying for another pass!

Las Vegas at sunset.
5 weeks? Wow.
I'm a dork for the Foursquare thing, but it's always a fun surprise when you become mayor or unlock badges (which I've unlocked quite a few on this journey).  So now I'm in Las Vegas planning my next move.  Be on the look out as to what that will be!

1 comment:

  1. Once again, wicked pix! Mother Nature, what an artist, sheesh! MY FAVORITE is of course the lady liberty one. heh ~M

    ReplyDelete