Wednesday, November 9, 2011

10/30-11/07 Las Vegas

What a weekend Halloween weekend turned into!  Due to a misunderstanding of "good samaritans" calling the cops on James, he was detained for the weekend.  In case you've never bailed anyone out of jail before...it's one hell of an ordeal.  You have to fill out this application like you're applying for a loan and then you have to be around for at least 6-8 months and all this other stuff that I just ended up not being able to agree with or to so someone else had to come fill out the paperwork.  He finally got out LATE Monday night after being there since late Friday.

Sunday, I went back to the doctor because my cough STILL was persistent.  Another doctor in the office saw me and did an x-ray.  I have pneumonia...must not be that bad though other than the fact he gave me a stronger antibiotic, steroid shot, and I'm to continue taking my steroid pills and inhaler and he finally got my cough syrup called in as well as some pills to take for coughing.  If that doesn't knock it out then I'm probably just going to die from it.  Jokes....

Anyway....

Monday, we were supposed to go out to the Strip at Club XS, but since James wasn't around and we didn't have the van, Nick took over and all of us went to Fremont Experience.  It was a decent sized group and we had a good time.

Princess Indian Lucie, Smut Peddler Nick, and Lady Gaga Starr. 
Poor James wore that costume while in jail...lol 
Broken sunglasses left at the slot machines.
Some extremely tall Germans staying with us.
Nick is disgusted by my stirred up McFlurry.

Tuesday, I got a good group of people to sign up to go out to McFadden's in the Rio for karaoke and got a kick back for it and for being the DD (since I'm now on antibiotics).  I also sold some Grand Canyon tours so I'll be getting some commission from that.  Heck yes!  The outing was fun...I just talked to some of the guys that went out with us (Lucie and I were the only ladies) and James set them up with a limo ride to a strip club and we went back to the hostel.

Me, some guy from the hostel, and Danny
Wednesday-Thursday I just took it easy...pretty much being a lazy bum.

Friday, I looked forward all day to going to First Friday in the Art District.  I laid down for a nap and after waking up and taking a shower I heard a faint, familiar sound.......rain.  Disappointment.  But Horev and Asaf, my Israeli friends, finally came back from their 9 day trip to California, so I guess that kind of made up for it.  Everyone went out and came back belligerent.  I'm sure it was fun, but I'm glad I stayed in.  Horev stayed in too since he had a flight the next day, so I had company.

Saturday, Asaf and I took Horev to the airport where he was catching his flight back to Israel via New York.  I was sad to see him go, but at least I still have my other buddy.  A bunch of us went out to the Cathouse in the Luxor and Asaf was trying to be big brother type and make sure I was having a good time.  Again I was the DD and it's just so weird being around people at all different levels of intoxicated while you are completely sober.  It was still fun.  I danced a bit, Asaf saved me, but it's too bad I couldn't save him from this one chick.  She was all over him, it was hilarious.  One of the guys staying at the hostel, Danny, is ridiculously fun.  "I am who I am."-Danny's motto.  And he is certainly who he is!

Sunday, I woke up and remembered I told myself I was going to find a Unitarian church to attend.  So I Googled that and found that there's only one and it's about 4 miles away.  I didn't like it as much as the one I used to go to with Rachel and Leslie, but maybe next week will be better.  I stuck around after service to attend their Humanist meeting which touched on Death With Dignity (assisted suicide, as some refer to it).  After I left there, this radio station was playing some awesome songs so I decided to ride around and ended up in Henderson before deciding I was starving to death and came home.  Lucky for me, Asaf was making pasta and my favorite salad (cucumbers, tomatos, sometimes red peppers (which I eat around), and sometimes onion with oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice).  I got some clothes washed and watched "Knocked Up" with Asaf since the poor guy had to work 16 hours straight.  It was strange not having him and Horev chatter away in Hebrew.  They tricked me that night though...Asaf answered the hostel phone and told the caller that they'd have to talk to the manager and made me come to the phone.  So I was thinking it was some trouble-maker and put on my HAM attitude, then the caller told me he was coming from Arkansas with an accent that was clearly not Southern or American.  Tricky tricky.

The mountains don't even look real. 
Pretty views even in seedy neighborhoods.

I had to pull over in a Walmart parking lot to watch some planes land at McCarran airport.  I'm completely amazed by planes.
View from Henderson towards Las Vegas.
Monday (last night), I was kind of dragging ass to get ready to go out, but after James told me there was some band from Arkansas playing at the Bunkhouse (our first stop before heading to Club XS) I got ready in 20 minutes.  I was so excited!  I had probably seen them years ago with Strike the Choir, but I knew their name (Fire to Reason) since they have a lot of shows in Arkansas.  James, Asaf, 2 girls from the hostel, and I headed there just after 10:30 and FTR was the last band and by 11:30 my group was ready to head to XS, but I stuck around and watched to FTR and chatted with them till nearly 2 am.  Probably would've hung out with them later if I didn't have to be at work at 6 am.  It was nice to hear familiar accents and see a live music show.  Good night I'd say.

Fire to Reason (L-R): Ben, Cake, Brandon, and Logan.
In the next few weeks I hope to see a number of shows and go out with the hostel more even though I'm not really a party girl I've decided...but since I'm here I want to do more than just bumming around like I was doing.

1 comment: